Piped gas system supply to Apartments is one of the latest value-additions being offered by builders.
This centralized distribution system supplies gas to each and every Kitchen through a network of safe piping and is becoming an increasingly popular alternative to the conventional LPG cylinder in every kitchen. The rigors of getting a refill are totally eliminated and the consumer ‘pays for what he uses’.
What is a Reticulated Gas System?
In Apartment Complexes in India, the Reticulated Gas System, consists of a Gas Bank with common delivery line (s). Below are the highlights:
- A Gas Storage Facility in a common area with a number of cylinders connected to common delivery lines.
- The Piped Gas System Line are installed with pressure regulation and safety devices.
- The control valves, regulator and Burner are placed in the kitchen.
- Continuous supply of gas at the turn of a tap.
- Eliminates cylinder refill booking, and scheduling the delivery.
- No cylinder handling. Avoids damage to floor / lift.
- Easy & effortless operation with increased convenience.
- Increased safety in kitchen as the pressure of LPG in pipeline is much lower than an LPG cylinder.
- Space required to store two cylinders is saved. The saved space can be put to much better use.
- Payment as per actual consumption of gas through meter in following month.
- Trappings can be provided for LPG Geysers / LPG fireplaces and air convectors for cold places / LPG lanterns / LPG Gensets.
Maintenance of a Reticulated Gas system
- Gas Bank must have Good Ventilation
- Avoid wiring for lighting inside the Gas Bank
- Bottom Portion of the Room Ventilation with Brass Mesh Only
- Don’t allow the mobile inside the gas bank
- Check inlet and outlet near the meter frequently.
- Check all the joints inside the flats and Other major joints with Soap oil as and when Required
- Frequently Check For Auto Changeover
Inputs for this Article is taken from various sources, including the Estate Manager Workshop – presentation from N.T Shreedhara – Facility Manager, Salarpuria Serenity.