According to a research, 65% of people choose Apartment Living, because of the security it provides.
- It is not difficult for troublemakers to enter the complex by writing false information in the manual visitor register.
- Security is made up of less skilled, transitional workforce, whose effectiveness needs to be closely monitored.
- There is no way to optimize the number of Security Guards as reports on visitor/staff entry are unavailable
- Sitting in office, or traveling, Residents want visibility into visitors coming to their Apartment
Smart visitor management systems which have come up, tackles all such Security Issues in Apartment Complexes.
Digital Visitor Management Systems in Apartment Complexes
Typical Digital Management System in Apartment Complex has these salient features:
- Enables digital capture of data at the security gate
- Security related intelligence, reports, notifications become available
- Enables visibility into effectiveness your security guards, whether processes are being followed and helps in optimizing the number of security guards
- Residents too get visibility into security gate entries. This provides them the ability to raise alarms if unwanted check-ins happen, pre-enter expected visitors, check attendance of cooks, maids, etc.
Let’s take the major loopholes in a manual visitor management system and see how a digital system provides a more effective solution.
Digital Visitor Management compared to Manual System:
- Whereas in manual registers, entry is often in illegible handwriting, in digital entry this problem is gotten rid of
- The practice of visitors entering wrong phone numbers and entering gets removed as digital systems have the ability to authenticate the phone numbers
- It’s not possible to enter a wrong apartment number and enter an apartment complex as the residents of the apartment are immediately notified
- Whereas data in manual registers are easy to misuse, visitor information in digital systems are protected and cannot be accessed by everyone
- Multiple registers get replaced by one Tablet which can be used for entry of all types of visitors. Even data on movement of water (water tankers), other inventory can also be entered here
- Audit of data is easy, as all visitor, staff check in/out data is readily available to management committee and managers
- Reports and dashboards also make it easy to audit security processes
- Optimizing number of security guards is easy by viewing visitor trends
- Security guards often keep changing. Knowledge transfer to new security guards is easy as they do not have to be taught the use of multiple registers. Also, transition to a new security agency, if required, can be done very easily
Read more about ADDA Gatekeeper