Everyone wants a home that looks and feels lovely. There is something about coming home to a well decorated, warm and tidy house that gives you an immediate sense of joy. If you live in an apartment and are looking for easy and budget-friendly ideas to renovate your home, this is an article that you would definitely love.
Here are some of the best tried and tested DIY home renovation ideas.
Bookmark this article and get started one project at a time. Don’t forget to share it with your friends too!
Table of Contents
#1 Living Room Revamp
The first thing you see when you come home is your living room. Your guests may sometimes not go beyond the living room. So if you have scope for revamping only one room, start with the living room.
Here are some things that you can do.
- Paint A Wall: One accent wall alone can do wonders! Find a color that complements your furniture and buy a can of it from the local paint store. Buy a roller too. Lay some newspaper at the foot of the wall and start painting it. Once done, you can even stencil in some designs for some extra style. Trust us when we say this, stencilled walls rarely go out of fashion.
- Decorate The Walls: If you can, use a power drill to place some nails on a wall with free space. Hang photos of your family or paintings. You can also get instructions for DIY art using recycled or even cheap materials like toilet paper rolls, tin cans and much more!
- Nail in some shelves: These can be purchased online easily. E-commerce sites are a good place to start. They require a simple power drill and a few nails only. You can then use these shelves to display some show pieces or even store books/small objects.
Kitchens are places you toil for quite a few hours. Therefore, it is important that kitchens are not just functional, but also visually pleasing. Otherwise, you would hate the very idea of setting foot inside it.
Here are some easy kitchen DIYs.
- Put in more shelves: You can never have enough shelves in the kitchen. However, you cannot put in cabinets because that may require more than your basic tools. Wall mounted shelves are what we can utilize here. Such pieces always look magnificent hanging on the walls and they provide some much needed storage space. As mentioned before, you can buy them on any e-commerce sites and they wouldn’t cost you much. If you’re looking for a more significant change, consider upgrading your cabinets.
- Paint your cabinets: Pick a solid color – whites are the best, but anything works. Paint all your cabinets in one solid color. Once done, you’ll notice that the kitchen not only appears brighter, but it would also give the feeling that there is more space.
And now, we move on to bedroom revamping. This is a space where people retreat to in sickness and health and at the end of a tiring day. So much importance is given to getting the decor right. Nobody wants a drab, boring bedroom to be the first thing they see when they wake up or the last to see before sleeping.
All tips that can be applied to the living room, easily applies to bedrooms as well. Which means that you can borrow all the subpoints from heading 1 – paint a wall, hang some pictures, place some wall art etc. In addition to those hacks, here are some really popular ones.
- Add accents: Any object or lighting that changes the feel of the room would count as an accent. Some things you could do are – adding two lamps on either side of the bed, placing a large carpet at the foot of the bed, a tall floor lamp in one corner, colorful chairs and other furniture pieces etc. You may need a combination of accents to achieve the desired look
- Drapes & bed covers: You won’t believe the amount of difference there will be when just the drapes are changed. Stick to light-colored drapes if the room is large and vice versa. Bed covers should ideally be the a shade of the accent wall or feature carpet. If you’re not fond of that idea, use whites on the bed and add a few throw pillows in accent wall colors.
Your Home Your Rules
What we have provided you with are mere ideas. Keep in mind that your home is your temple. Make sure it reflects your personality and represents what you and your loved ones live by. Do not be afraid to experiment because you never know when new DIY ideas get invented.
If you’ve got some ideas that you want to try or have ideas that you have already executed, we would love to hear about them! Do comment below and let us know what you think. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends!