At last the much expected circular to reopen gym has been released. However, this does not imply the threat of COVID-19 is over. Hence, operational motto must be prevention is better than cure.
What To Keep In Mind To Reopen Gym?
Sanitisation : Each and every surface that comes into contact must be sanitised with the intensity of Lady Macbeth washing her hands. Residents must be informed of the following few things :
1. Avoid gym if showing flu like symptoms.
2. Residents in home quarantine or the ones having recently come from outside the city/town must not visit gym without completing mandatory quarantine period.
3. Sanitise and wash hands before and after using gym equipment.
4. Always keep a fabric handy to sneeze in. Better still #DabToSneeze.
The Management Committee must follow regular sanitisation routine. Housekeepers to be equipped with masks and gloves. Ideally the gym equipment must be sanitised once after every use.
Social Distancing : An absolutely no compromise instruction. Considering the situation, the gym cannot be allowed to function at full capacity. The maximum allowance should not exceed 50% of capacity. Maintain a minimum distance of six feet with other users. A process to book slots for using the gym can be implemented for visibility and convenience of residents. This can easily be done from your ADDA App.
Supervision : Just putting in clear rules for the New Normal, is not enough. Supervision is necessary to ensure rules are followed. A new hardware innovation, the DoorBot, helps Management Committees solve this issue. With a DoorBot installed on gym doors, the following is taken care of :
- Contactless entry. No need for biometric or RFID check ins. A simple swipe in the App opens the door.
- Setting up occupancy count. If the gym has reached preset occupancy rate, the door will not open.
- Bonus advantage : Management Committee can restrict access to gyms and other facilities for defaulters.
Click here to see how the DoorBot works. Looks impressive? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp at +91 7022009038. You can also contact us here.
Stay Fit while Staying Safe.