We have been receiving many questions related to the procedure for Home Owners Association/ Apartment Owners Association Registration in Karnataka, under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act – 1960 . Here are the answers.
To get the Owners Association Registration before the Registrar of Societies the following documents are to be prepared:
1. Proposal letter addressed to the Registrar of Societies for formation of Association duly signed by the Executive Committee Members.
2. Name of the Association.
3. Address of the Association.
4. Proceedings of the First General Body Meeting
5. Memorandum of Association
6. List of Governing Body/Executive Committee Members, with their passport size photographs.
7. Bye Laws (Rules & Regulations)
All the above documents to be prepared in Kannada for purpose of Registration.
The approximate expenses for purpose of Registration (legal help inclusive) will be around Rs.15,000 to Rs.18,000.
For professional assistance regarding registration of your Association, please email email@example.com
Note: For learning more about Apartment Owners’ Association please see http://adda.io/blog/2009/03/a-guide-to-apartment-owners-associations-in-bangalore/
For knowing about the Documents required under Karnataka Apartment Ownership Act, please see http://adda.io/blog/2010/06/association-under-karnataka-apartment-ownership-act/