Quite a few ADDA users are Multi-Dwelling Complexes that have formed the Housing Society and are in the process of taking Control & Maintenance Handover from the Builder. We hope this Study and Comprehensive Checklist will help both the Builder and the Society in hassle-free Handover.
The lifecycle of a typical Multi-Dwelling Complex (Apartment/Villa Complex):
1. Purchase of a Land Bank by the Builder from the Landowner(s)
2. Construction of the Building and sale of individual Units to Owners (typical duration of 1-3 years)
3. Handover of the Units to the Owners for Occupation, and maintenance of the Complex by the Builder (typical duration of 1-3 years)
4. Formation of the Owners Association/Society and handover of the Maintenance & Control by Builder to the Society (typical duration of 3-5 months)
5. Management of the Complex by the Owners Society (typical duration of 25-40 years)
6. Redevelopment of the Complex by the Owners Society in collaboration with a Builder.
It is evident that the crossover between Point 4 and Point 5 above is crucial. A Property which will be managed by the Owners Association for 25-40 years and beyond needs to be handed over well to the Housing Society.
Here is a comprehensive checklist any Society will require for a smooth Handover from the Builder:
Checklist for Handover from Builder to the Housing Society / Owners Association
P1. Property Documents executed between the Landowners and Builders
P2. Approved Construction Plan – A manual inspection to check for faulty construction is recommended.
P3. Completion Certificate
P4. Occupancy Certificate
P5. NoC from Fire Department
P6. NoC from Electrical Inspector
P7. Clearance to operate Elevators
P8. Property Insurance Document (if any)
Along with the above mentioned documents, it is advisable to keep the following documents as well :
- Copy of “Declaration” duly vetted by the competent authority.
- Detail of compounding (if any) along with all relevant documents, payment receipt and Clearance certificate by competent authority.
- All approvals /NOCs from relevant authorities with respect to Switchgear, Meters, panels, Transformers etc.
- Sanction letter from relevant authorities for Electricity Sanctioned and allotted load along with flat wise load allocation.
O1. Drawings of the Electrical Wiring including Earthing Points
O2. Drawings of the Water Piping
O3. STP Drawing & certification by Architect/Pollution Control Board
O4. Waste Disposal system with approval from Pollution Control Board
O5. AMC Documents – Lift, Generator, Transformer, ADDA portal, etc.
O6. Invoices and Warranties for all Assets – Pumps, Lift, Generator, Transformer, Pool Equipments, Gym Equipments
O7. Maintenance Schedule for all Assets
O8. Work Schedule of all Staff maintaining the complex
O9. Sump and Overhead Tank Documentation
O10. Approval from local authorities for Bore well, RWH compliance documented evidence.
O11. Technical documentation for pumps, documentation for overhead tanks, documentation indicating borewell depth, etc.
F1. Payment Record for Taxes towards Property, Construction and Maintenance
F2. Payment Record for City/Municipality Water Supply
F3. Record of Maintenance Expenses while under Builder’s Maintenance
F4. Record of all Collections made from the Owners (except purchase related)
F5. Contracts with existing Maintenance, Security staff (could be same as L6)
F6. Apartment wise Detail of IFMS and Sinking fund to be refunded to the AOA/Apartment Owners and detail of deductions (if any).
F7. Record of Security deposits at various authorities like Electricity, Water etc.
L1. Sale Deed copy/Proof of Ownership of all Owners
L2. Share Certificate Copies for all Owners (where applicable)
L3. Khatha Certificate Copies for all Owners (where applicable)
L4. Car Parking Allocation Record
L5. All Legal Documents executed between the Builder & Landowner (could be same as P1)
L6. Contracts with Vendors
L7. Undertaking by the Builder regarding Indemnity & Limitation of Liabilities of the Society for all transactions prior to the Handover Date
For more information on builder handovers, you can also refer to the link here.
Useful Handover Tips: