We bring you these numbers from 2020 to give you some insight into community living trends and help you make healthy decisions for your home and community.
The below data was collected from 1.2 million ADDA users across 6 countries – India, UAE, Mauritius, Singapore, Malaysia, and Oman.
Table of Contents
Mass Adoption of Online Payments
Residents preferred contact-less digital transactions over cash/ cheque to make payments. In 2020, Rs 7 Billion worth of Community dues were paid using the ADDA payment gateway.
More than ever, in 2020, Owners, Tenants & Community management started connecting online.
With the advent of Covid, all-important communication and discussions between neighbors were facilitated through Apps like ADDA.
- Close to 300,000 conversation threads were created.
- 2020 saw a 140% rise in Community member’s participation in Online Votes compared to 2019.
- Bangalore showed the largest participation – 62% of active users participated in Polls.
- There was a 25% increase in Communications from Community Management to Residents.
Changes at the Community Gates
- Due to covid, there was a 20% decrease in the number of Parcels that were received at community gates.
- There was a 65% decrease in the number of cabs arriving at the gates of Residential Communities.
Flourish of Hyperlocal Marketplace
- 2020 saw a 90% increase in listing of preloved goods and postings from home entrepreneurs compared to 2019.
- There was a 50% increase in Home Service bookings from Local Home Service Vendors. Adda offers 300+ home services from 60+ vendors for residents located in India. These services are listed along with ratings given by neighbors based on their experience.
With covid still around, most of these statistics are relevant in 2021 as well.
Let’s see what the future holds! Happy Community Living!