It was only because of dedicated MC’s and resident’s teamwork that these communities planned and implemented brilliant Pandemic measures in their communities. Some of them even got recognition by authorities for their COVID-19 measures. In happy, sad, confusing and chaotic moments, these members were there for each other through it all!
Table of Contents
- Started a campaign within the premises through ADDA’s communication forum called RMK (Rohan Mithila Care).
- Converted 2 society badminton courts into isolation care centers. The center was equipped with a facility of 10 beds along with a panel of doctors from the society and additional oxygen supplies. Appreciated by the society as well as Pune City Police Commissioner for the initiative.
- Underprivileged workers (almost 500-600 people) were provided with grocery supplies that would last up to 3 months.
- Provided milk packets to migrant labourers travelling from Pune.
SUMADHURA PRANAVAM MTB APARTMENT
NOMINEES: RAJESH CHIMMIRI, PRAKASH
- Excellent coordination with BBMP whenever there were COVID positive cases in the community. Daily essentials supplied efficiently.
- Prevented stigmatization of COVID patients. Association maintained a positive atmosphere overall.
BA VERMONT COOPERATIVE HOUSING SOCIETY LIMITED
- Mr. Chandan Mishra and Mr. Ravi Prakash were special police officers appointed by the Maharashtra Government on a voluntary basis for their exceptional COVID-19 Management in the society.
- After concerns put forth by the residents, the association arranged for milk delivery to the doorstep of the residents.
SIMRAN SAPPHIRE CHS LTD
NOMINEES: MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
- Arranged a system called Aggregated Ordering System wherein people gave orders, that were aggregated at a society level. Then, they were passed on to the vendors who would prepare the packets and get it delivered at the society gate.
- Arranged counselling sessions for residents.
- Volunteers prepared food and delivered food to the needy.
NOMINEES: BIJOY GHOSH, BHASKAR, ARUNA, MUTHU
- Whenever there was panic among certain residents about the COVID positive cases in the community, they were counselled and provided moral support by fellow residents.
- Certain members, who were reluctant about following pandemic protocols, were made to understand about the benefits of following such rules through rational conversations.
- During COVID-19 related deaths in the community, residents in and around the units helped their families with the last rites and post-death protocols.
NOMINEES: ZUZAR TINWALLA, AMRISH JAYKAR, MR. MORE, YOGESH PEDNEKAR
- Mr. Zuzar Tinwalla personally contributed and donated grains and vegetables to residents of 8 surrounding villages and about 750 houses at Kasara Khurd.
- Despite the pandemic situation, the nominees did not neglect the ambience of the premises. They invested their time and efforts in the beautification of the society.
- With the team spirit of involved participants, they maintained cleanliness and hygiene of the common spaces within the gated community.
Click here to read the previous collection of Rise High Stories: Zest For Life: Saviours Who Kept The Flame Of Community Spirit Alive