On an average, 67% of all Outsiders entering a Gated Community are Delivery Agents.
In the post-corona world, almost every Gated Community has stopped the entry of Delivery Agents, with the Deliveries being collected by Residents at the Gate or Lobby Desk.
As a way to normalise this process without compromising safety, many Communities are setting up IN-HOUSE DELIVERY HUBS.
If you are looking to set up such a Delivery Hub for your Apartment Community, all you need is ADDA GateKeeper.
What is In-House Delivery Hub?
This is a place where all Deliveries are collected in the Community. This can be the Security Cabin, or a Kiosk right next to Gate. It could also be a Corner in the Basement, or a Block lobby.
Residents can come to this Hub and collect their Deliveries. Alternately In-house staff can deliver the packages to the Doors.
Advantage of In-House Delivery Hub
Entry of Outside Delivery Agents gets limited till the Delivery Hub.
- This keeps the inside premises safe, cost of sanitisation and surveillance is reduced.
- The chance of crowding in the Elevator btn Residents / Children with Outside Delivery Agents is eliminated.
- If In-house staff are delivering to door, Committee can ensure those known staff are following all precautions – of wearing Masks, Gloves and maintaining social distancing.
- Processes with Quarantined flats can also be followed well by the In-house delivery staff.
Who can be the In-House Delivery Staff
Many Communities are re-purposing 1-2 Security Guards as In-House Delivery Staff. With reduced workload on existing security guards – due to reduced visitor volumes – this becomes a win-win.
Some Communities, specially the large ones, are availing the Services of Firms that operate In-House Mail Rooms. If interested in such service please write to us.
What Infrastructure is needed
- The GateKeeper App. Post Corona, Security Guards are already using the “Collect Delivery At Gate” feature. The same feature is needed as the Workflow for the Delivery Hub.
- An identified space to Collect the Deliveries. The space needed depends on size of the Community. Few Racks under a Shade can serve the purpose.
As always, Team ADDA is available to help you with this Feature and get your In-House Delivery Hub established! Do Contact Us with “In-House Delivery Hub” in the comment!